I got a job! *GASP*

Yes kids, it's true...the job hunt has finally (and thankfully) ended. B and I had a long Talk Tuesday night during which we ran the numbers on the permanent position with the title company I've been temping at. With his new gig we are able to afford for me to take a little less than what I had been making before, thus enabling me to make my move into the title world. I don't even think I can begin to describe how happy and relieved I am to have found a place that I truly enjoy going to every day. The team is great and the manager is awesome. Looks like the company doesn't suck either. ;-) The position I am starting in is an entry to this side of the industry and the company is going to help me get my notary and my escrow officer's license when the time comes, woohoo! A job with opportunity for quick advancement, yay!

Above and beyond all of these wonderful things, this job will get me employment when the time comes for us to relocate to N'Awlins. Since they don't have lenders headquartered down there, my only options were broker or title to have work. Title it is...and if I had to be honest with myself I really don't think that I could have worked for a broker in good conscience. I've had such a negative experience with brokers in my short time in this industry that I just don't think I could stomach having to work for one. I'm a wage slave but definitely *not* a money whore! :) Wow, now I can heave a huge sigh of relief and get back to the business of having a life again!

I've already started planning B's 30th birthday event and I'm starting to get really excited about it. It's going to be a getaway the first weekend of April so that we can all go celebrate in the piney woods. More details coming soon...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Final Xmas post

RIP Charlie "Butch" Sours, I miss your cranky ass. :'-(

Drawing healthy boundaries