Business News - Job Update

Last week was quite interesting at work for me. We got two new hires in our department and we've had a temp in there who is doing such a good job that we were trying to figure out a way to keep her on permanent. Out of the blue, my boss got a call from far up on high in the corporate chain that he needed someone to fill a position that had been phased out but now needed to be recreated. A wild shuffling of responsibilities ensued and here's how it panned out:

My team leader (and also the scheduler for the office) has been moved into a blended position of scheduling and contacting outside lenders on behalf of the builder. She's moved into her own office with a door (oooooooh, aaaaaaaaah) and now has more clout with less varied job duties.

I am now the new team leader over a group of brand new employees and also will be assisting the lady that does all of our resale closings.

I suppose I should be exited about my new position and I'm actually completely thrilled about the resale aspect of the whole thing. (I'm finally going to get to start working up HUDs, yay!) As far as the team leader thing goes, she announced it in the middle of a meeting and therefore gave me no chance to argue about it. I realize that I was the only candidate since I've been in the department longer than a week so maybe that's why. Maybe she knew that I wouldn't have wanted the job and didn't want to argue with me about it. Anyway, I'm a team leader now and everyone should be very afraid that someone gave me this level of responsibility. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Final Xmas post

RIP Charlie "Butch" Sours, I miss your cranky ass. :'-(

Drawing healthy boundaries