All About High School

Here's one that I'm stealing from The Cap'n. Not that I remember all that much about high school mind you (too many mind-altering chemicals present in my system on a regular basis), but I'm gonna do my best here... :)

1) Where did you graduate from and what year?
Arlington High School, Arlington, TX, Class of 1987

2) Did you have school pride?
Gods no!

3) Was your prom a night to remember?
Yeah it was a night to remember, although we never made it to the prom. Instead we went to a nice dinner and then straight to the hotel room! :)

4) Do you own all 4 Yearbooks?
I think I might have one from my freshman and softmore years at Western Hills but I never bought one from Arlington High.

5) What was the worst trouble you ever got into?
That would be my freshman year at Western Hills...was covering the girls' bathroom in graffiti, smoking cigs, and gabbing with my best friend instead of being in class when the female Vice Principal walked in. We got suspended for the last week of school and were only allowed to come back and take our finals. It really didn't hurt my feelings much that they sent me home. :)

6) What kind of people did you hang out with?
The parking lot crowd, period. My people! LOL!

7) What was your number 1 choice of College in HS?
College? Are you kidding? I couldn't *wait* to be done with school so I could go get a job.

8) what radio station did you rock out to?
KZEW, KEGL, Q102

9) Were you involved in any organizations or clubs?
Does being a bad seed count?

10) What were your favorite classes in high school?
I was great at Math and English...not sure about a favorite tho.

11) Who was your big crush in Highschool?
9th grade: Some senior named Fred...gods he was so cute!

10th grade: No one springs to mind.

11th grade: That would be Keith, the recipient of my cherry. What a waste!

12th grade: Howard (The Duck, as my Dad called him), my bf for pretty much my whole senior year.

12) Would you say you've changed a lot since high school?
YES! I was much more selfish, bratty, and mentally unstable then(if you can imagine it, LOL!).

13) What do you miss the most about it?
Summers off.

14) Your worst memory of HS?
The "No Pass, No Play" law didn't affect me except the dress code part. Not being allowed to wear mini skirts cheesed me off greatly. Honestly tho, the whole high school experience was scarring to me.

15) Did you have a car?
Yeppers, learned to drive on an old Ford panel van and then saved all summer to buy my first car: The Majestic Booger. It was a green 1970 Monte Carlo and it went vroom vroom with its stock 350 2-barrel until I wrecked it horribly. Man, I loved that car!

16) What were your school colors?
Green and White (*puke* Who wants to wear that???)

17) Who were your favorite teachers?
Mrs. Posey my drama teacher. She was awesome, but she unfortunately had the unpleasant experience of being in the drama room when some kid named James decided to blow his brains out on the stage during lunch one day. She didn't stay past that year.

18) Did you own a cell phone in high school?
We didn't even have pagers back then! LOL!

19) Did you leave campus for lunch?
Yeah, Arlington High was an open campus so it was a daily thing.

20) If so, where was your favorite place to go eat?
In the mornings, we hung at the bakery across the street and occassionally after school too. Lunches were mostly at the Dairy Queen with the other freaks although I was a regular customer at Taco Bell and Mama's Pizza too. :)

21) Were you always late to class?
Sometimes.

22) Did you ever have to stay for Saturday School?
Managed to somehow dodge that bullet.

23) Did you ever ditch?
As often as I thought I could get away with!

24) What kind of Job did you have?
I was already doing some office work by that time but had some craptastic minimum wage jobs too. My junior year I got my friends' parents to pay me to carpool my buddies to and from school which paid for my gas and smokes. It ruled.

25) When it comes time for the reunion will you be there?
FUCK NO! Didn't care about those people then, don't care about them now. I could see maybe crashing Western Hills reunion tho since those were the kids I grew up with.

26) Do you wish you were still in high school?
That would be my own personal hell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Final Xmas post

RIP Charlie "Butch" Sours, I miss your cranky ass. :'-(

Drawing healthy boundaries