Things I Learned From Working Nights

This is not a joke post, I really learned some valuable lessons these last two weeks. Here are the top five:

5. Not getting to see B is a very bad thing in my world.
4. It is impossible to have a night job and a daytime life at the same time.
3. Reading makes me sleepy, therefore it is not possible to get homework done while trying to stay up all night.
2. Taking time to do nice things for myself becomes more important the more tired I become.

And the number one thing I learned from working nights...

1. Lack of sleep can cause a mental breakdown that resembles a psychotic break.

Having never tried to pull a graveyard shift before, I had no clue how hard it would be to keep up with the other things I'm responsible for in my life. Now I know and knowing is half the battle. I'll be a little more reserved the next time I schedule myself to work nights. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Final Xmas post

RIP Charlie "Butch" Sours, I miss your cranky ass. :'-(

Drawing healthy boundaries