News of Jen

Hello blog world! I'm long overdue for an update post and a lot's going on, so lemme get this thing started. :)

I'm about to fall of the planet again because I start back working nights as of tonight. I'll be working 6p-6a Tues-Thu nights through the end of May to help get our finances back where they need to be. As assignments go, this one is choice duty: I'll be sitting inside a hospital behind a locked glass door that I control. B is *so* relieved he won't hafta worry about me and honestly I think that's the only reason he went along with the plan. Of course, it was either go back to nights or start stripping again so he didn't have many good choices. LOL! I'm working very hard to try and get a laptop so that I'll be able to do web dev while I'm sitting there looking official all night. The idea of getting to double bill my hours doesn't suck either! :) If anyone has any good resources for laptops for cheap, please share, otherwise I'll be going into more debt and having to work nights longer before I can start my real estate career. :-(

Speaking of real estate, I go back for the test prep class next week and then I will start studying to take my test. I wanna get the test out of the way as quick as I can so the info will still be fresh in my mind. Not sure how long it'll be before I find a broker to work with, since I still haven't started interviewing them yet. I'll keep you guys posted as things happen with that, I'm going to have to see what my body feels like working three nights a week before I make any firm plans. I can't have another mental breakdown like I did last time! :)

Cinder is doing much better and is acting like her old, bony self again, YAY! I still need to get her back to the vet to make sure nothing else is going on with her bod, but I'm kinda waiting until she's either done her course of antibiotics or seems better enough where traveling won't throw her healing process off. She really hates being in the car and I don't wanna do anything that might delay her progress. Maybe I'm being an overprotective mama but she's all I've got left and I refuse to apologize for that...

As if we weren't busy and stressed enough, we lost what we mistakenly thought was a close friend over the weekend. Gods, I hate ridiculous juvenile drama but I'm crazy glad that it happened before we invested any more time or energy in someone who can't even be honest with herself. Still tho, I'm not all that happy to add another portion of grief to my already full plate. Honesty, what a concept, I truly don't understand why it's so hard for some people!

Another friend of mine just got admitted to rehab as an end result of an overdose last Friday night. If y'all could please keep her in your prayers, I'd appreciate it. She's someone that I care about a great deal and has a family history of addiction so I hope that she can get the help she needs and get past this rough spot. Thanks in advance...

I guess that's about all I've got for today. I'll try and keep this thing updated so that everyone knows I'm still alive. Hope everyone's doing well! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Final Xmas post

RIP Charlie "Butch" Sours, I miss your cranky ass. :'-(

Drawing healthy boundaries