All About Christmas :)

I got tagged by The Cap'n on a Christmas meme so here goes nothing! :)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Gift bags have saved my life since I'm Santa's "special" elf when it comes to wrapping. :)

2. Real tree or artificial?
If I'm going to have a tree, I prefer the real kind because of the scent. I also love to go do the Xmas tree farm thing where you tromp around and cut your own!

3. When do you put up the tree?
The last few years it's been a last-minute-oh-shit-we-need-to-put-up-a-tree thing so it's been the week before the holiday. In other years it would have been the weekend of Thanksgiving.

4. When do you take the tree down?
The weekend after New Year's.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Bleah, no way!

6. Favorite gift you received as a child?
Fur coat...yes I was a spoiled child so feel free to point and laugh at me. Does anyone else hear "Material Girl" playing in the background? ;-)

7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Nope, not my beliefs.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
My dad, he never asks for anything and usually buys himself whatever he wants leaving nothing for the rest of us.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
Usually it's the little kids that are the easiest.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Used to mail them but haven't in several years. Lately I've just ignored the whole thing.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
When I was a kid, I hated getting functional things like socks or underwear so that always rated as the worst growing up. Nowadays I'm mostly grateful for whatever I get.

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
How the Grinch Stole Christmas - the old Boris Karloff narrated animated version.

13. When do you start shopping?
On the years that I actually get the Christmas bug, I try to be done by Halloween. Lately it's been right before the first event I'm supposed to show up with gifts for.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Many times, but I'm good about re-wrapping and making sure it doesn't look like a re-gifting. Usually though I reserve those gifts to take to a white elephant gift exchange.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Fudge! :)

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Colored...there is no other.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt (Again with the Material Girl syndrome...)

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
I prefer to stay home but I think we have to go to Arlington this year. :-(

19. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeers?
Yeppers, sure can!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star, especially the really fun blinky sparkly kind.

21. Open the presents on Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning, my eyes fly open at 6 am every year and I'm instantly five-years-old!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Retailers trying to shove the holiday down my throat starting earlier every year. That and the horrible musak versions of the carols they play in stores. Ick!

23. Do you have Jebus in your heart this Christmas?
Not unless he pays me some rent for the space.

24. What would you like for Christmas?
A day off with my sweeties, which I'm gonna get kinda this year.

And five people to tag? Merry Christmas to:

Army of Mom
Brian
Da Jules
Glen
Lil Bro

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Final Xmas post

RIP Charlie "Butch" Sours, I miss your cranky ass. :'-(

Drawing healthy boundaries